Happy Thursday, everyone,
Today, I'm delight to introduce you to one of my fellow Crimson Romance authors, Winter Austin.
Monday was a big day for Winter. She just released her third book in her Degrees of Darkness series, REVENGE.
Here is a short blurb:
In New Orleans, justice is best served with a heavy dose of revenge, and Remy LeBeau intends to tip the scales in his favor. For good.
Forced to take a mandatory vacation from the Dallas PD, Remy leaves his girlfriend, Cody, to protect her from what’s to come. If there’s to be any chance for a normal future for the two of them, he has to face his enemies and finish what they started—alone.
Cody Lewis gave up on someone once before, but not this time. She needs to come to terms with Remy’s past and her own as she seeks him out among the historic and deadly streets of New Orleans. But she got more than she bargained for. Those who oppose her will find you don’t get in the way of a determined Texan; especially a woman in love.
As Remy closes in on the nameless faces who have controlled his life for too long, his ability to save himself and those closest to him is tested, putting everyone he cares for in grave danger. And this time, Cody may face the reality of his death.
In the Degrees of Darkness series, we get to follow hot, sizzling, hero, Detective Remy LeBeau and his sexy heroine, Cody Lewis. Winter refers to Cody as a cowgirl because she spends her days on the rodeo circuit. She is actually a world class professional barrel racer and freak'n amazing on the back of a horse. As for our hero, not only is Remy LeBeau's name sexy. This guy should come with a hot warning. When he gets his French on, well ladies, watch out. Be prepared to drool over over the page.
But what makes this couple so fun to read about? I asked Winter to give my readers a list of why she loves to write about Remy and Cody.
10 Reasons Why Remy and Cody
Are a Fantastic Couple
- They’re two of the most stubborn people I’ve had the pleasure of writing. Just when there’s a breakthrough in their relationship, one or the other does something to irk the other one. Usually clamming up about something from their pasts.
- Because they’re so stubborn Remy and Cody refuse to give up on their relationship. As screwed up as it seems, they both know they were meant for each other. And that means nothing will come between them. Not even their preconceived notions.
- Cody is the opposite of the type of woman Remy is used to being with. She’s brash, quick-tempered, and a fighter. She won’t sit back and let him be the hero all the time. But she’s enough of a woman to realize sometimes she can’t do it alone.
- Remy is the kind of man Cody isn’t used to dealing with. He’s broken and carries such deep scars he usually misses the forest for the trees. But he has an uncontrollable urge to protect her at all costs.
- They have a give and take that at times is loaded with humor. Life for them is serious: Remy as a homicide detective where he sees death on a daily basis. Cody as a woman coping with tragedy in her life and trying to find her place in the world. Both use their humor to deflect and also connect with each other.
- The sexual tension between them sizzles.
- Remy is willing to step outside his comfort zone for Cody. And she for him.
- Remy’s cynicism is enough to drive Cody completely mad. He refuses to see the good side to life, and Cody’s faith won’t let her give up on it. One day someone will win this argument and Remy has a sinking feeling it won’t be him.
- Culture clashes big time between them. Remy’s Cajun background and charm make him laid back, but his job as a cop combats with his upbringing—and Cody’s Texas spirit. Cody is a Texan down to her roots, hard work and a mile-wide streak of independence drive her, but she’s not one to pass up a good time.
- Neither one of them shies away from danger. And a good thing too, since danger always seems to find them.
I can't thank Winter enough for stopping by today. I love Remy and Cody and can't wait to get my hands on her new release, REVENGE. Just in case you are interest in reading the series from the beginning, I have given you a short blurb of each book and of course the buy links below. If you have any questions for Winter, she will love to answer them... so PLEASE don't be shy. Just clink on the tiny pencil below.
Hugs to all,
Nancy C. Weeks
In the Shadow of Greed
In the Shadow of Evil
Blurb for Relentless
Dallas homicide detective Remy LeBeau trusts no one. He hides from a past that could kill him and anyone involved with him. What he’s not prepared for is the return of an elusive serial killer . . . and an unwanted desire to protect a witness at all costs.
Professional barrel racer Cody Lewis’s dream of being top in the nation is within reach until she discovers a murdered woman in her horse trailer. The event pulls her into the sickening world of the Rodeo Sweethearts serial killer—a madman who terrorized Dallas’s rodeo circuit five years prior and is now back for more. But what’s worse is that Cody fits the profile of the Rodeo Sweetheart victims. . . .
As Remy dives into the investigation, he uncovers secrets of a botched investigation and a tight-lipped boss, while attracting unwanted attention from the killer. Battling his partner, his attraction to Cody, and the demons of his past, catching the killer could cost Remy everything. Even Cody’s life.
Blurb for Retribution
Called to the homicide of a Dallas criminal lawyer, Detective Remy LeBeau stares at a scene that drags him back into his past. To another murdered lawyer in New Orleans. A case that put Remy on a collision course with death.
Cody Lewis struggles with the horrific memories of her kidnapping and the need to numb the pain. The battle she puts up causes her to avoid Remy and their undetermined relationship. But the flashbacks and nightmares are proving more potent than Cody thought and she’s having a harder time resisting the cravings for alcohol.
As the case takes a turn in revealing a professional assassin is behind the death, Remy begins to make decisions that could cost him his job and Cody. Because the deeper he sinks, the closer the enemies of his past come to finding him.
Here is a brief bio on about Winter Austin as well as where you can find more about her.
Winter Austin was once asked by her husband if he could meet some of the people who took residence in her head. She warned they weren't all
characters he wanted to meet, as killers walked among them. Needless to
say, that conversation ended abruptly.
A lifelong Mid-West gal, Winter swears she should have been born in the
South, Texas or Louisiana preferably. But then she’d miss the snowy winters.
Dividing her day between her four children and their various activities, a
growing pet population, and her Beta-with-Alpha-tendencies Hero, Winter
manages to find time to write chilling thrillers between loads of laundry.
Don’t worry. You won’t find any of her mouthwatering culinary dishes
poisoned. Unless you’re one of her fictional creations
BUY LINKS FOR REVENGE
BARNES AND NOBLE: